The Emerald Coast
Welcome to the Emerald Coast, my friends - an area that has been deemed everything from a fisherman’s dream to the perfect romantic getaway spot, or paradise found for anyone looking to live the good life. Whether you are looking for somewhere to spend your summers, a place to escape the harsh winters, or looking to become an esteemed local to one of the happiest places on earth, there is a community along the Emerald Coast that is the perfect fit for you, and Denise Green can help you find your slice of paradise.
It may be referred to as “The World’s Luckiest Fishing Village,” but the fishing is far from being the only notable thing that this area has to offer. From fine dining to hidden dive bar gems, horseback riding on the beach to scuba diving and deep sea fishing, and not to mention a world class shopping experience – Destin has something to offer to everyone in the family.
Some notable hot spots in the Destin area –
· The Destin Harbor Boardwalk stretches nearly a quarter of a mile along the harbor and offers a waterfront view that can’t be beat, as well as a wide variety of dining options, some of which offer spectacular sunset views.
· HarborWalk Village is a harborside condominium resort that is complete with an array of dining and shopping experiences.
· The Destin Commons is an award winning shopping and dining destination located in the heart of Destin and has quickly become one of the area’s largest and most popular attractions.
Destin, Florida is #4 on Good Morning America’s showcase of the “10 Most Beautiful Places in America.” This area encapsulates upscale grocery, food and hotel establishments and award winning golf courses to boot.
Even though it is sandwiched between the high esteemed communities of Destin and Santa Rosa Beach, Sandestin, also known as Miramar Beach, is still able to stand alone as one of the area’s most popular communities. Sandestin has everything that Destin has to offer in terms of excellent dining and shopping experiences, and add to it the bonus of being amidst one of the most popular resort communities in the country!
Some notable hotspots in the Sandestin area –
· The Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa is one of the most popular resort communities in America. This resort community alone has been the heart of the reason for so many people making the decision to become a permanent resident of this area. I’ll take an upgrade from ‘guest’ to ‘resident,’ please!
· Silver Sands Premium Outlets is home to 110 designer and name brand outlet stores and is located in the heart of Sandestin. This outlet mall is a year round attraction and a perfect spot to get all of your shopping needs met in one stop!
· Scenic Gulf Drive, sometimes referred to as “Old Hwy 98”, runs parallel to the gulf from the Sandestin area into the heart of Destin. Along this two lane road, not only will you enjoy a beach front drive, but you will also discover some of our area’s most popular beaches as well as the laid back beach restaurants/bars that are scattered along the drive. Scenic Gulf Drive is your ticket to getting a glimpse into the history of this area – a pre-commercialized view of Destin, so to speak.
Santa Rosa Beach/30A
The communities in Santa Rosa Beach, and especially along Scenic Hwy 30-A, harbor some serious history and culture. Grayton Beach was one of the first areas along 30A to become known as a vacation spot for beach goers, beginning to grow in popularity in the early 1900s. Grayton Beach is now only one of many highly sought after communities along the span of 30A, each of them bringing their own sense of unique flair to the table.
Some notable attractions to the 30A area –
· Access to multiple state parks nearby, offering endless outdoor activities such as kayaking, paddle boarding, hiking or biking along the bike path that spans the entire 18+ miles of Hwy 30A
· A luxury resort-like lifestyle that comes along with each and every one of the communities along 30A – you are always a walk or bike ride away from your favorite activities
· Access to the famous and beautiful beaches of South Walton, where the sugary white sand and perfectly emerald green waters are unmatched
There is so much to be seen and experienced in each of the communities along 30A. This website is the perfect guide to everything 30A has to offer! We can guarantee that you will be hooked after your first visit.
Why South Walton?
Located along a 26-mile stretch of the Northwest Florida coast, South Walton encompasses an unparalleled strand of 16 distinct beach neighborhoods, each with its own traditions, charm and visual style – including Sandestin, Seascape, Miramar Beach, Dune Allen, gulf Place, Santa Rosa Beach, Blue Mountain, Grayton Beach, WaterColor, Seaside, Seagrove, WaterSound, Seacrest, Alys Beach, Rosemary Beach and inlet Beach. South Walton is renowned for natural scenic beauty, turquoise waters and sugar sand beaches, including one of Travel + Leisure's "Best Beaches on Earth" for families in 2013. An upscale yet casual place to unwind, South Walton is the place to rejuvenate and build lasting memories.
Sitting along a wide, scenic boulevard right along the Gulf, Miramar Beach is a hub of activity. Visit this beach neighborhood’s colorful shops and eclectic eateries; stay in a family-friendly resort or private beachfront home. Test your balance during a stand up paddleboarding lesson, or find the perfect accessory at one of Miramar Beach's hundreds of designer and name-brand stores. Start and end each day with a beautiful view of the sun shining against Miramar Beach's turquoise water.